Friday, March 3, 2017

Yoma to partner with German company Metro to open distribution company in Myanmar

dealstreetasia:

Singapore listed Yoma Strategic Holdings Ltd has partnered with Germany’s METRO GROUP, the international wholesale and food retail company is to establish an integrated wholesale distribution platform in Myanmar, the company announced on February 24. 

A new entity, METRO Wholesale Myanmar Ltd aims to “address the evolving needs of the local professional customers” for those who demand quality supplies. Yoma Strategic will hold a 15 per cent stake in the new business and the remaining 85 per cent will be taken by METRO. “METRO Myanmar will leverage on METRO’s procurement capabilities and Yoma.

This is part and parcel of Yoma's strategy. As Myanmar's economy grows and peoples ability to spend increases Yoma is in many different businesses that aim to capture as much of that consumer spending as possible. probably not material in the short term but could be lucrative in the mid to long term.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...