Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Myanmar Research Trip

By Asia Frontier Capital:

(skip)

Outside of the airport, however, the progress since my last trip was visible everywhere as soon as I stepped out of the airport terminal building. Instead of the 20+ year old cars, I saw modern cars everywhere.

(skip)

Also the skyline of Yangon is rapidly changing: construction work is going on everywhere: new hotels, office or residential towers, shopping centers, and road construction. 

                                                 Source: Asia Frontier Capital

I like seeing lots of construction cranes. Myanmar just had elections this past Sunday. It appears from the initial results that  Aung San Suu Kyi's party National League for Democracy "NLD" is heading for a landslide victory. If these results hold up it will remove quite a bit of consternation among outside investors and other observers. I will note that Yoma Strategic Holdings, my preferred way to play the continuing growth in Myanmar is up about 20% over the last couple of days as speculators anticipate a NLD victory.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...