Sunday, January 30, 2011

Atlas is beginning to shrug

A person who has done right their whole life is fed up:

And I watch countless news stories about people who are criminals (illegal aliens, felons) liars, cheats, or just stupid getting help with their mortgage loans because they “need it”. And people getting free medical services because they “need it”. And people declaring bankruptcy because it’s just too hard to pay the bills, they “need to”. All the while I see my government crushing people like me–expecting us to just keep doing, just keep paying, just keep being responsible in order to make up for all of those people who were not.

I look at my one mortgage in a vast sea of defaulted mortgages, my two measly credit cards with their under $1,000 balances in a vast sea of defaulted credit cards and I am thinking….WHY? Why would I continue to deny my own happiness, when my sense of honor only gets me punished? When it’s what everyone else counts on in order to make their flawed scheme work? What do I owe, here? To whom do I owe it really? I spent my entire life putting other people and my financial obligations ahead of my happiness, ahead of my chance to live while I’m here on the earth and not just exist in some gray zone, making sure MY bills are paid.

I would never have imagined, three years ago, that I would resent the very, very rich and the less fortunate. Both of them are doing just fine, it’s us in the middle who are being crushed only because we managed to stay in the middle. With no help, by the way. Under our own steam. Never asked for a thing, swallowed the disappointments and kept working and paying bills. Did all of these things because our value systems said it was right and we are not owed anything. And my government, those who insist on “governing” me are so disconnected from it, are so oblivious to the rising desperation in the country. We don’t matter.

Well, I’m Egypt tonight. I’ve had it. It’s unthinkable for me—a responsible, honorable, traditional, independent woman—to entertain the idea of just walking away. Bank’s problem, not mine. But that’s where I am this week. This President and this Administration have done their best to ignite class warfare and warfare between the “differences” in America. They’ve done a great job. I resent the wealthy, I resent illegal aliens, I resent the professional victim class, I resent being told to just keep the skin in the game so they can continue to ruin every possibility of happiness for me.
This view is building and when the economy heads back down again I expect that the core middle class people that make the majority up in this country are going to revolt. I do not think it will be violent. I suspect they will just withdraw their support of the system and it will implode. Consider the following; the middle class do not need the banker, the parasitic class, the racial panderers and professional victim class, the media, or the supposed intellectual class. These people all exist off and depend on the vast middle class to play along and most importantly pay for the unproductive non-sense that has undermined this country over the last 40 years. It will be very interesting to see what happens as this plays out.

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

I'd love to see a whole lot more "shrugging". Some folks are finally starting to wake up. 'Bout time...

P.S. Personally, I derive great pleasure from telling bill collectors to f*$k off. Sending them garbage in return envelopes is great fun as well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...