Monday, October 11, 2010

Greasy capital hill staffers trading stocks on their inside knowledge of legislation

Although not technically illegal, this is still typical of greasy slimy politicians. Insider trading is usually done by people who get information from a public corporation before the public has access to it. The Wall Street Journal had an article discussing this outrage. When reading the article you will note that the staffers justify their behavior by reminding us lowly peasants that insider trading laws do not apply to Congress. Well that is true but it doesn't make it any more slimy, greasy, or wrong. However I am happy about this because this type of behavior continues to undermine the confidence and respect the average person has for the state. That is a good thing to my mind. The nation state is on its way out over the long term. The political class is helping in its own demise.

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

Oh my. I am so surprised by this. The horror. My trust is broken. I never knew. Damn, my tongue is stuck to my cheek....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...